- Tom Jones' It's Not Unusual is blaring out of my speakers right now.
- I just spent three straight hours cleaning my room -- and I'm still not done yet. Have to buy some 409 tomorrow...
- I'm thinking of starting a "diet" next week to see if a book I bought a while ago (The Abs Diet) should really have been sold as fiction. The book does not so much promote a diet but more advocates better eating habits. This visceral fat has me concerned, and is certainly not helping the cause of having a "Beach Ready Body" for Summer '09.
- Speaking of Summer '09, the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen trailer was released a few days ago attached to the Friday the 13th remake. It doesn't give away any plot points (although it's not hard to guess what it's gonna be about -- more Decepticons land on Earth and awesome robot batting action ensues), but looks to be an even more special effects laden adventure than the first.
- Keith Urban's Making Memories of Us has replaced Tom Jones. If I recall correctly an article I read a while ago in Us magazine while waiting for a haircut, Keith Urban serenaded Nicole Kidman with this song on their wedding day.
- Preliminary baseball practices have begun, with two now under my belt. It feels great to get out and field some fly balls -- hopefully the weather will continue to be cooperative on Sundays.
"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"- While I still see Sheryl Swoops from time to time at the gym, I missed out on a Marcus Trufant sighting by mere minutes. Sheryl Swoop's contract option was not picked up for the upcoming season by the Storm, so whether she sticks around in the area or not remains to be seen.
- Sources close to negotiations say Ken Griffey Jr. is going to Hotlanta to play for the Braves instead of coming back to the M's this coming year. If true, the only way I see Griffey coming back the following year is if the Mariners tank this next season as well. If the team somehow does surprisingly well, they probably won't have room on next year's roster for a nostalgic aging slugger -- even if he is Junior. For some good news, P Carlos Silva showed up at camp 30 pounds lighter. Whether that will correlate with a drop of number of losses and ERA is anyone's guess.
- We finish off with Open Arms by the always appropriate Journey.
Kizuki Ramen & Izakaya - Bellevue (4/5) on Yelp
13 years ago




Lastest Seattle Times update at 5:44pm says Griffey is signing with the Mariners! (unofficial, of course). Keep your fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteAh, I see you beat me to the punch... yeah, who knows for sure until his name is on the dotted line, but I'm hoping for the best.
ReplyDelete