Sunday, June 8, 2008

1st Game in the Books

Absolutely fantastic in just about every way -- we blew out the Nuts 15-2. We thought we were going to be in a grinding match as the score was 2-1 after the second inning, but then we tacked on seven in the third and four more in the fifth. Our pitchers dominated. Our starter, Bobby, gave up two (one unearned) in the first two innings and then settled into a groove, going five. They only had three more baserunners until the top of the last inning (8th) after the 2nd. All 12 players in our lineup reached base, and a few of them hit some moonshots to left/center field -- I wonder if any of them would have gone over a fence (we were playing a large all-turf multipurpose sports field). This game instilled a lot of confidence in us for the upcoming season, and I don't see any reason why we can't continue that success.

I myself went 1-3 with a strikeout swinging, a ground out to the short stop, a bases on balls, and ground ball that got between the 1st and 2nd baseman for a single, picking up a RBI in the process. Started the season with a strikeout, but hopefully it's the only one.

I actually found this spray chart I made of last year (yeah, I'm a stat whore):

Only seven of those were hits -- guess to where. I've yet to hit a ball over the SS or 3B's head, but people say it's a good thing; that I'm staying inside the ball. I think it's just because I stand further from the plate than most people, although I will admit I have a pretty inside out swing.

Here are my stats from last season, as well as the box that I'll update as this season progresses:













































AB Hits BB RBI K R SB TB AVG OBP
2007 47 7 16 4 13 7 0 10 0.149 0.375
2008 3 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 0.333 0.500

Next game: Sunday, Jun. 15th 7:30 PM @ Steve Cox Memorial Field

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger